I love this vessel necklace by Nervous System jewelry. Jesse and Jessica, jewelry designers from Massachusetts, create wonderful and intricate designs based on science and structure.
(photo credit: Nervous System Etsy)
This week I'm doing the best bird finds I've found from Etsy, from wonderful art to lovely accessories.
(photo credit: Hummingbird art by The Mincing Mockingbird)
(photo credit: Bird cuff by Albina Rose)
(photo credit: Handpainted bird necklace by iamabird)
(photo credit: Seagull silhouette by bialaKura)
(photo credit: Bird clutch by Sew Lola)
(photo credit: Goose with flower wings by Chipmunk Cheeks)
A little over a week ago, I helped Tammy Tibbetts, founder of She's the First with their cupcake bake-off fundraiser webpage, and I just fell in love with the organization, which helps girls all over the world reach their education potential.
And now the She's the First bake-off signups have begun! Last year this fundraiser raised $22,800 in only one week to sponsor the education of 48 girls that wouldn't have had the opportunity otherwise. The challenge website also states that there are 40 million girls in the world that aren't getting the education that they should be, something that seems so crazy and sad to me. Are you ready to do a tie-dye cupcake bake-off to raise money to give another, if not more, 48 girls a chance at an education? To read further details click HERE or the banner above.
Joe did it! He made pizza on the BBQ and I've got to say it came out pretty scrumptious for only having a few ingredients.
What you'll need:
1 package of pizza dough. (Got ours at Safeway.)
1 large tomato
1 bunch of basil
1 clove of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
Good soft cheese
How we made it:
1. Prepare your dough, roll it out on a bed of flour.
2. Chop up a few leaves of basil and a clove of garlic then mix them with about 1/4 cup of olive oil.
3. Chop up your tomato.
4. Add the basil and olive oil mix to your tomato and on top of your dough.
5. Prepare your cheese and have your basil leaves washed and ready.
6. Go to the BBQ and set it at high temperature for about five to seven minutes while it heats up.
7. Put your dough and tomato on the grill and close the lid for approximately two minutes.
8. Flip your dough around, and smooth your cooked tomato over it as a paste.
9. Add the cheese and basil leaves onto the dough.
10. Let it cook for another two minutes.
11. You're done!
Davis has a great farmer's market, and during our trip there this weekend, Joe and I picked up some great looking figs that I just had to take photographs of! I set up a quick lighting set using none other than our ironing bench, simple flash-through-umbrella lighting, and a couple of lids from some of our home decor items as a background.
In a world where the iPhone is quickly becoming everyone's most used--if not loved--camera, this is a perfect iPhone accessory for anyone that loves underwater photography! This scuba suit aka water protective case for your iPhone is available at Photojojo, and needless to say, I want it for Christmas or simply just because.
Buy the The iPhone Scuba Suit at the Photojojo Store!