Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 15/365: Orchid


Ello lovelies. So I spent a day 15 of my 365 photography project photographing an orchid plant. Honestly, as much as I photograph plants, I'm terrible, like one of the worst, at keeping plants alive. I really wouldn't say I have a green thumb... at all. But I do find flowers and plants beautiful. I couldn't resist getting this orchid for my mum for her birthday, it's one forked branch was what caught my attention. And I have to admit I did get it with the notion of photographing it. And boy am I glad I did. I used window lighting in these, and opted for a low shutter speed and high ISO to really make the background as white as I could make it. Hope you like the photos:






Bring it on day 16!

1 comment:

Lauren Wilson said...

these are lovely! Orchids are addictive! Ive spent days at orchid markets in Thailand trying to photograph all the endless varieties.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...