Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. According to Komen.org, there are approximately 2.5 million survivors today. I am hoping that my most likely future mother-in-law, who is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer, will soon be to that survivor count. The fact that someone so close to my sister is currently suffering from breast cancer has definitely brought to mind that it has been breast cancer awareness month. It's definitely helped open my eyes to how amazing survivors are to have endured so much.

Joe and I have kept an eye open toward all possible ways to help raise funds for breast cancer research from purchasing participating groceries at Safeway to submitting Yoplait cap pins to making treasuries on Etsy.com that link back to Komen.org. I'm also hoping we have a bit to donate at the end of the month.



This is the really the first time that I've tried to be active in raising awareness and funds for breast cancer research, and it's felt really good. As the year goes on I hope to be able to do more, maybe even join a race.

What are your breast cancer awareness month stories loves? What are ways you've found to help?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...