Saturday, October 8, 2011

Featured Seller: Jill Zdunich


If I had the money. Do you ever have that thought loves? That's the thought that constantly runs through my brain as I transverse through Etsy, the biggest international marketplace for crafters, artists and vintage collectors online. As I looked through Jill Zdunich's web Site to write this blog post, I found myself thinking that one thought over and over.

Jill's background is uncommon, she has a BSc in Primate Studies and another in Archaeology. And although she worked over five years in private banking, she is now developing her own clothing line, jumping from a very different industry to a more creative outlet she is truly passionate about.

You can find a small portion of Jill's feminine and extremely wearable clothing line available for international purchase through her Etsy, Mortal & Pestle, as well as in several boutiques in Canada.



"I've always liked how 'motar and pestle' sounds. Although traditionally used in food preparation, and subsequently in medicine, to me it represents being involved with the fundamentals of creating something, breaking things down into smaller pieces and understanding them individually. That's what I hope to do with my designs.

"My creations are modern, simple, timeless and hopefully appealing to a wide range of women from different industries, with varying body types...all with the need for comfortable, smart clothing that is well-made and effortlessly flattering," Jill said.

If I were to describe her line, I would use a lot of the same terms she used when describing her collection, which shows that her vision is truly being represented by her designs. She is truly catering toward women that want clothing that they can be comfortable yet still stylish in.



Jill's greatest obstacle has been her lack of patience.

"I've always been a 'I want it and I want it now' type person, so its been fun and exciting to watch my little company grow as much as it has so far and I'm excited to see where it goes in the future! But I need to remind myself to conquer each day as it comes," Jill said. But, I'm sure a lot of us crafters and artists can empathize with this. It's simply called enthusiasm caused by the thrill of success.



In five years Jill would like to see herself doing the same thing she does right now, only on a larger scale, expanding her clothing line to the United States and Europe.

Outside of designing Jill loves everything about food. She's an experimental chef that enjoys reading cookbooks. She also loves spending time with her boyfriend.

You can follow her journey through her web Site and blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...